The Brussels-Capital Region has selected eight projects for sustainable and inclusive development in the South
With its annual call for projects, Brussels International focuses its efforts on its partner cities and regions in the South to create a liveable and equitable planet by 2030.
Since 2013, Brussels International has launched an annual call for projects to eradicate poverty in its partner cities and regions in the South. As such, the Brussels-Capital Region (BCR) contributes to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
This call for projects is attracting growing interest, both from civil society organisations that have been accredited by the Directorate General for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid of the Federal Public Service for Foreign Affairs as well as from 4th pillar associations (private international solidarity initiatives) and non-profit associations that focus on economic development.
This year, the Brussels business support agency hub.brussels partnered with Brussels International, launching a joint call for projects on the theme of sustainable and inclusive economic development.
Fifty projects were analysed. The selection committee, which was made up of members of the administration and external experts, selected eight projects representing a total budget of approximately 475,000 euros:
- “Sustainable and inclusive community initiatives to promote the rights of the vulnerable children of Kimbanseke, Kinshasa” – SOS Villages d’Enfants Belgique
- “Food insecurity response plan for Kinshasa” – Caritas International Belgium
- “Support for the professional integration of young street children in Kinshasa by setting up collective micro-enterprises” – Louvain Coopération
- “Tuvakana 2 in Kinshasa” – Skinfama
- “Microfinance Kinshasa” – Racines des 12
- “J’entreprends@Rabat: stimulating and strengtheningthe career paths of Moroccan women entrepreneurs with a view to innovation and development” – Groupe One
- “Using IT to promote people and materials, Region of Rabat-Salé-Kenitra” – ACR+
- « Urban Entrepreneur mobile 2 in Paramaribo » – Vormingplus Citizenne