Training on the inclusion of ethics clauses in public procurement contracts
In the margin of the campaign to ‘Make Brussels a Fair Trade Region’, the fair trade platform of the Brussels-Capital Region* is organising a training session on the inclusion of ethics clauses in public procurement contracts.
The training session targets buyers and public procurement officers within the Regional Public Service of Brussels (SPRB), urban.brussels, talent.brussels, Bruxelles Fiscalité/Brussel Fiscaliteit, category 1 and 2 Independent Government Agencies, the local authorities (the communes), the Brussels Parliament and the cabinets of the Ministers of the Brussels Government.
For which types of products ?
The training session focuses on fair-trade products for promotional purposes as well as textiles, food and catering.
What are the objectives of this training session?
- Provide an overview of the legislative and legal framework
- Present fair-trade products and the various labels, provide an overview of the market for these products
- Open up opportunities and explain the different approaches to drafting ethics clauses in specifications
- Share additional tools for prioritising fair trade products
Date and time
The in-class training session will take place on Tuesday 26 April 2022 from 9 am until 12 pm at the SPRB (2, Place Saint-Lazare in 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode), in accordance with the current public health measures.
A second session may be scheduled in the afternoon, from 2 pm until 5 pm, depending on the number of registrations.
To register, click this link before 31 March 2022.
* Jointly managed by Communes de Commerce equitable/Fairtrade Gemeenten/Oxfam and the Trade for Development Center (Tdc)/Enabel with several members including Miel Maya Honing, Fair Trade Belgium, Belgium Fair Trade Federation, Brussels International, hub.brussels, the Brussels municipal administrations and members of civil society.